Jack Grube

Default Woodworking Teacher(s)

I am a high school woodworking teacher in New Hampshire who founded the New
England Association of Woodworking Teachers in 2001. The purpose of NEAWT is
to promote and recognize woodworking programs, develop partnerships, and
provide a vehicle for discussing curriculum, resources, and professional
development. We currently have about 90 members from middle schools, high
schools, colleges, adult education programs and industry.

Our group has received some excellent publicity and has developed some very
exciting partnerships. At this time, we are looking for a similar group or for
woodworking teachers who might be interested in starting a group like this in
their city, county, state or region. If you are a woodworking teacher or know
of one, please contact me via email.

Swingman

Well done, Jack. It's good to know that there are still parts of the country
where yuppie puppies are allowed to be around spinning blades.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"Jack Grube" wrote in message
[...]

Henry St.Pierre

Swingman wrote:

Well done, Jack. It's good to know that there are still parts of the country
where yuppie puppies are allowed to be around spinning blades.

In most of the rural schools they always were allowed to be around
spinning blades (western Ma., most of Me. all of NH, Vt. except for
Burlington and none of CT.(except maybe far away from the 91-95
corridor)). It is doing a disservice to the youth of those areas to
refer to them as "yuppie puppies". The youth of today (or anyday) are a
product of their upbringing, environment etc. Hard to make a strong
person out of someone who must wash his/her hands with anti-bacterial
soap before he/she pees. Not the kids idea.
Shop programs in the schools have really declined, both male and female
oriented programs. I guess it's a money thing, but it bothers me when
school systems like Boston, NYC, Washington DC, Baltimore, many other
large cities, have more administrators than teachers. Off the rant...
Hank

How to Filter JOAT Troll Bait. David F. Eisan Woodworking 1 September 29th 03 03:02 PM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 06:46 PM
SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House Jeff Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 01:10 AM
FS: Woodworking books (UK) Andrew Woodworking 0 July 15th 03 07:42 PM