DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/21903-images-greene-greene-project-progress.html)

Darrell Peart October 11th 03 01:29 AM

Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

Hello -

I am a custom Furnituremaker specializing in the style of Greene & Greene.
I have posted images on my website of the project I am currently working on
(Gamble House Master Bed)

I will post more images as the project progresses.

http://furnituremaker.com/progress.htm

....Darrell Peart

Nova October 11th 03 01:54 AM

Darrell Peart wrote:

Hello -

I am a custom Furnituremaker specializing in the style of Greene & Greene.
I have posted images on my website of the project I am currently working on
(Gamble House Master Bed)

I will post more images as the project progresses.

http://furnituremaker.com/progress.htm

...Darrell Peart

Thanks for sharing the progress. Your work is beautiful!

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Ed. O. October 11th 03 02:40 AM

Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

Beautiful work Darrell. Of course post more, always enjoy seeing the work
in progress photos.

--
Ed. O.
My woodworking projects at:

bs October 11th 03 03:26 PM

Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

Darrell,

Could you explain what you're using to make the inlays as shown in the pics?

Bob S.

Fly-by-Night CC October 11th 03 04:16 PM

Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

In article ,
"bs" wrote:

Could you explain what you're using to make the inlays as shown in the pics?

Yes, please do. I've considered doing an A&C/Art New-Vo Tulip ala
Mackintosh detail but haven't as yet...

The laser cutting sounds very intriguing - can you give an overview of
the process?

http://www.flybynightcoppercompany.com
http://www.easystreet.com/~onlnlowe/index.html

Larry Jaques October 12th 03 04:29 AM

Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:16:38 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
pixelated:

In article ,
"bs" wrote:

Could you explain what you're using to make the inlays as shown in the pics?

Yes, please do. I've considered doing an A&C/Art New-Vo Tulip ala
Mackintosh detail but haven't as yet...

That's "nouveau", Owie. shaking head and sighing

The laser cutting sounds very intriguing - can you give an overview of
the process?

A buddy of mine in San Marcos, CA used a laser to cut his business
cards. Corel Draw 4 and a computer were used and the laser "printed"
the etching or cuts depending upon his needs. Pretty cool. Darrell's
buddy looks to have a newer model.

T. October 12th 03 05:11 AM

Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 12:29am (EDT+4)
(Darrell=A0Peart) claims:
I am a custom Furnituremaker specializing in the style of Greene &
Greene. I have posted images on my website of the project I am currently
working on (Gamble House Master Bed)
I will post more images as the project progresses.

Wouldn't be my first choice in beds (that'd be a Viking bed), but
very interesting. Work faster, more pictures.

JOAT
There must be a hundred silver dollars in here. I can't handle that sort
o' money, you've gotta be in the league of lawyers to steal that much.
- J. H. "Flannelfoot" Boggis

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 9 Oct 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/

Fly-by-Night CC October 12th 03 06:52 AM

Larry Jaques wrote:

That's "nouveau", Owie. shaking head and sighing

Only if'n yer a Frenchie there Jaques. Ya ain't a Frenchie are ya,
Lair-E?

The laser cutting sounds very intriguing - can you give an overview of
the process?

A buddy of mine in San Marcos, CA used a laser to cut his business
cards. Corel Draw 4 and a computer were used and the laser "printed"
the etching or cuts depending upon his needs. Pretty cool. Darrell's
buddy looks to have a newer model.

Is it a big deal to cut the corresponding inlay? (If that's the
direction one wanted to go, of course.) I mean, what's involved in
sizing the inlay for the cutting once you have the outlay(?) Corel-ed
up? Was the price reasonable or kinda a sticking point for personal
projects (i.e. don't drive no fancy truck, don't live in no McMansion,
don't do an annual vacation * 'cept to the Astoria KOA every year)?

Larry Jaques October 13th 03 05:22 AM

Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:52:48 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
pixelated:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

That's "nouveau", Owie. shaking head and sighing

Only if'n yer a Frenchie there Jaques. Ya ain't a Frenchie are ya,
Lair-E?

I'm a proud Heinz 57, tendjewberrymosh.

The laser cutting sounds very intriguing - can you give an overview of
the process?

A buddy of mine in San Marcos, CA used a laser to cut his business
cards. Corel Draw 4 and a computer were used and the laser "printed"
the etching or cuts depending upon his needs. Pretty cool. Darrell's
buddy looks to have a newer model.

Is it a big deal to cut the corresponding inlay? (If that's the
direction one wanted to go, of course.) I mean, what's involved in
sizing the inlay for the cutting once you have the outlay(?) Corel-ed
up? Was the price reasonable or kinda a sticking point for personal

It was a kilobuck per watt back then and I think he got a 30w
light saber. He didn't do inlay, just laser carvings and thin
paper-backed-wood cutting for his cards. You'd probably have to
do a cutout on the inlay and a cut-in on the background, varying
the line width in Corel to get a precise cut for each species.

projects (i.e. don't drive no fancy truck, don't live in no McMansion,
don't do an annual vacation * 'cept to the Astoria KOA every year)?

KOA, eh? Like, McDolences, dude. Whatever you do, _don't_ talk to
Barry Meyers this week. ww,nn,kwim?