DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How many woodworkers could use small pieces of Formica if they were available? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/217864-how-many-woodworkers-could-use-small-pieces-formica-if-they-were-available.html)

eric h October 18th 07 03:30 AM

How many woodworkers could use small pieces of Formica if they were available?

Sorry if this double posts, guys - it looks like the original
disappeared.

Hi,

I have a store on ebay that sells offcuts of UHMW, Delrin, teflon and
various Nylons.

I'm not going to spam you with a link, I'm doing research (But the ID
on ebay is surplusdealdude, if you wanna look ;-) )

Anyways, a gentleman over opn re.crafts.metalworking suggested that
people were looking for a source of Formica. He thinks that it's
tough to get small pieces.

So I thought I'd ask around and see if this is something I should be
stocking. I may have a source available that could provide some nice
pieces (we'd be talking 15" x 24, maybe.

Any suggestions as to price, etc, would be welcome.

B A R R Y October 18th 07 12:00 PM

eric h wrote:
Sorry if this double posts, guys - it looks like the original
disappeared.

Hi,

I have a store on ebay that sells offcuts of UHMW, Delrin, teflon and
various Nylons.

Anyways, a gentleman over opn re.crafts.metalworking suggested that
people were looking for a source of Formica. He thinks that it's
tough to get small pieces.

So I thought I'd ask around and see if this is something I should be
stocking. I may have a source available that could provide some nice
pieces (we'd be talking 15" x 24, maybe.

All of this stuff is useful to me, at one time or another.

Any suggestions as to price, etc, would be welcome.

As low as possible. G

Leon October 18th 07 02:11 PM

How many woodworkers could use small pieces of Formica if they were available?

"eric h" wrote in message
ps.com...
Sorry if this double posts, guys - it looks like the original
disappeared.

Hi,

I have a store on ebay that sells offcuts of UHMW, Delrin, teflon and
various Nylons.

I'm not going to spam you with a link, I'm doing research (But the ID
on ebay is surplusdealdude, if you wanna look ;-) )

Anyways, a gentleman over opn re.crafts.metalworking suggested that
people were looking for a source of Formica. He thinks that it's
tough to get small pieces.

So I thought I'd ask around and see if this is something I should be
stocking. I may have a source available that could provide some nice
pieces (we'd be talking 15" x 24, maybe.

Any suggestions as to price, etc, would be welcome.

Plastic laminates are useful however if you simply know where to buy, it is
pretty reasonably priced.
I typically pay about $32 for a 24 sq foot sheet. Yes that is a lot but I
can buy slightly damaged sheets that can yield 95% undamaged for 25-35 cents
per sq. foot.
Either way, you should give it a try and buy the damaged stuff to cut up
into smaller pieces. Many people do not have easy access to a supplier
unless they live in a city.