DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wood Floor For Better Textures and Finishes (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/216780-wood-floor-better-textures-finishes.html)

trav October 7th 07 05:10 PM

Wood Floor For Better Textures and Finishes

Wood Floor For Better Textures and Finishes
When we submit to a wood floor's feel, we're regularly submitting to
the total of grain or "feel" a particular wood floor has. Some wood
floors such as oak and brood, have a lot of grain, so have a rougher
feel or feel then other wood floors such as maple, which leans to have
fewer grain and a smoother buff.

Different styles of buff shells that are useful to the wood floor will
also lean to change the feel. For example, a deep polyurethane buff
shell will have a smoother feel than a wax buff might.
(continued at http://your-floors.blogspot.com/2007...tures-and.html
)