DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Parquet flooring (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/216339-parquet-flooring.html)

Chaudhry Nijjhar October 2nd 07 11:04 PM

Parquet flooring

Hi,

We removed carpet from Sitting room and other downstairs rooms and found it
has parquet flooring. Now, we are thinking of maintaining it and I wonder
if you know of any near Reading that does sanding, polishing, etc.

Does it involve a lot or no? Floor is in a good condition.

--
Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
0118 962 3200; Fax:-0118 962 3003.

Edwin Pawlowski October 3rd 07 01:49 AM

Parquet flooring

"Chaudhry Nijjhar" wrote in message
Hi,

We removed carpet from Sitting room and other downstairs rooms and found
it has parquet flooring. Now, we are thinking of maintaining it and I
wonder if you know of any near Reading that does sanding, polishing, etc.

Reading where? Reading PA?, Reading MA? Reading Berkshire?

Peter Huebner October 3rd 07 05:43 AM

Parquet flooring

In article ,
says...

"Chaudhry Nijjhar" wrote in message
Hi,

We removed carpet from Sitting room and other downstairs rooms and found
it has parquet flooring. Now, we are thinking of maintaining it and I
wonder if you know of any near Reading that does sanding, polishing, etc.

Reading where? Reading PA?, Reading MA? Reading Berkshire?

Reading between the lines, of course.

-P.

RicodJour October 3rd 07 01:52 PM

Parquet flooring

On Oct 2, 6:04 pm, "Chaudhry Nijjhar"
wrote:
Hi,

We removed carpet from Sitting room and other downstairs rooms and found it
has parquet flooring. Now, we are thinking of maintaining it and I wonder
if you know of any near Reading that does sanding, polishing, etc.

Does it involve a lot or no? Floor is in a good condition.

It's wood flooring and any competent wood floor finisher can deal with
it. With orbital sanders it's become a lot easier. Pick up the phone
book and make some calls.