DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   what to make from a donated power feeder base.... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/216034-re-what-make-donated-power-feeder-base.html)

J T September 29th 07 09:14 PM

what to make from a donated power feeder base....

Fri, Sep 28, 2007, 10:17pm (EDT-3) doth sayeth:
from one of the mid size delta power feeders, I'd guess. pretty stout
little mechanism.... could be a nice start on a small overarm drill
press or something.....

Overarm router?.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

mac davis September 30th 07 03:45 PM

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:14:57 -0400, (J T) wrote:

Fri, Sep 28, 2007, 10:17pm (EDT-3)
doth sayeth:
from one of the mid size delta power feeders, I'd guess. pretty stout
little mechanism.... could be a nice start on a small overarm drill
press or something.....

Overarm router?.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Very good idea..

I use the ol' shopsmith for routing once in a while just for that ability..
Though I feel "safer" with the router table and spinning bit under the work, for
some jobs it's nice to see what you're routing..

Overhead routing really sucks if you're doing drawer face rounding and the stock
isn't uniform thickness, though.. DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing