DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Seeking shop for tricky turning project (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/214371-seeking-shop-tricky-turning-project.html)

[email protected] September 13th 07 09:41 PM

Seeking shop for tricky turning project

Hi Guys! I'm looking for someone to make me a roughly conical shape in
hardwood. ~3.5" long x 2.5" wide, it would have a narrow taper along
half the length, then a short straight section with a groove, then a
wider taper going to the far end. It would also have a hole running at
an angle from end to end, and an aluminum or Delrin insert set into
the side.
View it he http://www.flickr.com/photos/13367403@N03/1367092589/
I would need a model for testing, then an initial batch of 50. A
hardwood dowel would slide through the angled hole, be held by the
insert, and I would need a steel pointed tip to be somehow fastened at
one end. All in all a pretty tricky and involved job. I can
supply .igs files.
Any takers?
Robobass