DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   10mm core box router bit? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/213582-10mm-core-box-router-bit.html)

[email protected] September 7th 07 03:43 AM

10mm core box router bit?

Does anyone know who might have these? Or will I have to have one
made?

I know it's not a common item, but nothing else will work.

Thanks,
Jay

Robatoy September 7th 07 05:01 AM

10mm core box router bit?

On Sep 6, 10:43 pm, wrote:
Does anyone know who might have these? Or will I have to have one
made?

I know it's not a common item, but nothing else will work.

Thanks,
Jay

A 1/4" radius (1/2"wide cut) if not plunged to full depth?

If you need the full 5mm depth, than none of my catalogues (on-line
and in my office) have one.

Royce-Ayr will make you one for a reasonable price.

[email protected] September 7th 07 06:03 AM

10mm core box router bit?

A 1/4" radius (1/2"wide cut) if not plunged to full depth?

If you need the full 5mm depth, than none of my catalogues (on-line
and in my office) have one.

Royce-Ayr will make you one for a reasonable price.

Yes, the 5mm depth is critical, as I need to produce a 10mm hole
precisely centered in two glued-up pieces of wood. A twist drill
wanders too much...I need to be within a couple thousandths/" and I
just can't do that (repeatably) on a drill press. It just occurred to
me that I can router the "hole" before the glue-up, and it will
actually solve several problems at the same time.

Thank you for pointing me to Royce Ayr, I've never heard of them
before. If I don't find the bit over the weekend, I'll contact them
Monday.

Jay

mac davis September 7th 07 03:47 PM

10mm core box router bit?

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 05:03:54 -0000, wrote:

A 1/4" radius (1/2"wide cut) if not plunged to full depth?

If you need the full 5mm depth, than none of my catalogues (on-line
and in my office) have one.

Royce-Ayr will make you one for a reasonable price.

Yes, the 5mm depth is critical, as I need to produce a 10mm hole
precisely centered in two glued-up pieces of wood. A twist drill
wanders too much...I need to be within a couple thousandths/" and I
just can't do that (repeatably) on a drill press. It just occurred to
me that I can router the "hole" before the glue-up, and it will
actually solve several problems at the same time.

Thank you for pointing me to Royce Ayr, I've never heard of them
before. If I don't find the bit over the weekend, I'll contact them
Monday.

Jay

Jay...
Unless you're a lot better with a router than most here, I can't see it being
nearly as accurate as a brad point drill in a drill press..

Isn't that what they make drill presses for?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing