DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   THE ULTIMATE CHAINSAW? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/21256-ultimate-chainsaw.html)

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT September 26th 03 11:10 AM

THE ULTIMATE CHAINSAW?

http://www.spagweb.com/magicspanner/...8chainsaw2.jpg

JOAT
If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing
again.
- Terry Venables

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 25 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/

Woody September 26th 03 01:15 PM

THE ULTIMATE CHAINSAW?

"Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT" wrote in message
http://www.spagweb.com/magicspanner/...8chainsaw2.jpg

JOAT
If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing
again.
- Terry Venables

I'm sure there is a video around somewhere on the net showing that beast of
a thing in action. Off memory it carved up a huge trunk like a hot knife
through butter! Very impressive indeed, but you wont catch me using one!

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest 5 Reviews:
- Woodworking Techniques & Projects
- Kreg Right Angle Clamp
- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw
- Dowelmax Doweling System
- Ryobi CDL1802D Pro Series 18v Cordless Drill

George September 26th 03 02:17 PM

THE ULTIMATE CHAINSAW?

That's not a chainsaw.

THIS is a chainsaw http://www.dayoopers.com/thetrap.html

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT September 27th 03 02:12 AM

THE ULTIMATE CHAINSAW?

THE ULTIMATE CHAINSAW?

Group: rec.woodworking Date: Fri, Sep 26, 2003, 10:15pm (EDT+14)
(Woody) says:
I'm sure there is a video around snip
http://www.spagweb.com/magicspanner/junk/v8chainsaw.avi

I think the ones with motorcycle engines are probably more
practical.

GTO69RA4 September 27th 03 03:07 AM

THE ULTIMATE CHAINSAW?

I'm a member of Arboristsite.com, a board with a large chainsaw interest. A guy
there had been making racing saws from snowmobile engines for years, and he
recently completed one made out of an aluminum Buick V8. Currently holds the
speed title, I think.

GTO(John)