DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cutting Table (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/211446-cutting-table.html)

Mr P August 20th 07 01:20 AM

Cutting Table

Woot Woot

I made a cutting table for plywood sheets today. I now have a couple of
sawhorses to give away. I dunno why I never thunk-o-this before.

Wood was five 2x8x70's I got by disassembling old glass racks at work. Free
for the hauling. A set of folding legs from home depot for sixteen bux.

Works great.

Disclaimer: I am a rookie who finally started making sawdust after retiring
from the Marines. Most of my tools are benchtop. My budget is found money. I
am really well read. So please don't ruin my happiness in my rookie bubble.
If you do, I will have my mom give your mom a stern telling off. LOL

Lew Hodgett August 20th 07 01:43 AM

Cutting Table

"Mr P" wrote:

I made a cutting table for plywood sheets today. I now have a couple of
sawhorses to give away. I dunno why I never thunk-o-this before.

snip

Consider adding a 4x8x2" sheet of foam insulation to your set up.

That way, the cutting blade will score the foam, not any other material in
your set up.

Lew

Doug Miller August 20th 07 02:28 AM

Cutting Table

In article , "Mr P" wrote:

Disclaimer: I am a rookie who finally started making sawdust after retiring
from the Marines.

Thank you for your service.

--
Regards,

goaway August 20th 07 02:49 AM

Cutting Table

One of the best places to get info and ideas, is the local library. Many
folks have written some really good books over the years and I am willing to
bet some of them are sitting there waiting for you. My local PL has a neat
collection of VHS and DVD's now covering many topics. good luck in your
ventures.

tom August 20th 07 05:21 AM

Cutting Table

On Aug 19, 5:20 pm, "Mr P" wrote:
Woot Woot

I made a cutting table for plywood sheets today. I now have a couple of
sawhorses to give away. I dunno why I never thunk-o-this before.

Wood was five 2x8x70's I got by disassembling old glass racks at work. Free
for the hauling. A set of folding legs from home depot for sixteen bux.

Works great.

Disclaimer: I am a rookie who finally started making sawdust after retiring
from the Marines. Most of my tools are benchtop. My budget is found money. I
am really well read. So please don't ruin my happiness in my rookie bubble.
If you do, I will have my mom give your mom a stern telling off. LOL

Yeah, what Doug Miller said: Thank you for your service. And why would
anyone want to burst your bubble? My Mom says "Hi"! Tom