DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   router bits (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/211030-router-bits.html)

Dave August 16th 07 05:32 AM

router bits

Have any of you bought these bits, if so how do you like them?

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...e/sp070731.htm

Andy August 16th 07 02:00 PM

router bits

On Aug 16, 12:32 am, "Dave" wrote:
Have any of you bought these bits, if so how do you like them?

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...e/sp070731.htm

Someone asked the same thing a month ago, and you actually responded.
Here's the thread to refresh your memory:
http://tinyurl.com/2khf7p
Andy

Dave August 16th 07 04:21 PM

router bits

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 16, 12:32 am, "Dave" wrote:
Have any of you bought these bits, if so how do you like them?

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...e/sp070731.htm

Someone asked the same thing a month ago, and you actually responded.
Here's the thread to refresh your memory:
http://tinyurl.com/2khf7p
Andy

Yes I responded to Katana bits which I like a lot. If you take notice again
these are not Katana bits. This is a special sale MLCS just came out with
and I was wondering if anybody out there had purchased them. The bits
portrayed in their ad do not look like their standard bits. I'm sure they
are not Katana bits at that price. So take another look before you respond
to my question please.

Andy August 16th 07 05:06 PM

router bits

Yes I responded to Katana bits which I like a lot. If you take notice again
these are not Katana bits. This is a special sale MLCS just came out with
and I was wondering if anybody out there had purchased them. The bits
portrayed in their ad do not look like their standard bits.

OK, I thought they looked just like the rest of MLCS's bits. Assuming
that's the case, my thoughts about MLCS bits can be found in the
thread linked above, and several other threads over the last couple
years. To sum up, I have their 15-pc set, they're good but not
amazing, and their free shipping is nice when you only need one bit.
If you want nicer, longer-lasting bits, I'd suggest infinity.com
(watch their closeouts) or holbren.com (good deals on Whiteside bits).

Do you suspect that the bits are NOT standard MLCS bits? If that's
what you were asking, I guess I misunderstood your post, and maybe you
should contact MLCS to clarify this (I've found their customer service
very helpful).

Andy

dadiOH August 16th 07 05:14 PM

router bits

Dave wrote:
Have any of you bought these bits, if so how do you like them?

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...e/sp070731.htm

Are you asking about MCLS bits or the bit package?

If about MCLS, I have several, like them fine.

If about a package, that's up to you. They generally include a bunch
of bits that are seldom or never needed (I've never needed a 7/16
straight bit in 40 years) so I prefer to buy individual bits when I
need them.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

J T August 16th 07 09:43 PM

router bits

Thu, Aug 16, 2007, 10:21am (EDT-1) (Dave)
comes in and mumbles:
snip So take another look before you respond to my question please.

If he looked at the link with his eyes open he could see what type
of bits they are. And I don't know that anyone here would want to buy a
66 piece set of router bits. For me, that'd mean I'd have to find space
to store about 65 bits I wouldn't be using - ever. Personally, my first
impression is your're spamming us. Second impression too. But, on the
off chance you aren't, but one bit, that's one individual bit, not the
whole set, and try it. If you like it, buy some more if you want. If
not, buy another brand. If you don't understand this, ask someone else.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Max August 17th 07 04:51 AM

router bits

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Have any of you bought these bits, if so how do you like them?

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...e/sp070731.htm

I've used MLCS (regular, not the Katana), Eagle America, Freud, Amana,
Bosch, Infinity, Grizzly (both "regular" and "super duty") CMT, Jesada, Bits
from Rockler, Woodworkers Supply. I think the Infinity bits represent the
best value. Freud bits have been the most consistently high quality. For
ME.
I have given away plenty of MLCS and Grizzly bits. Just my 2 cents worth.

Max