DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   T & G bits for material exceeding 3/4" (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/21006-t-g-bits-material-exceeding-3-4%22.html)

Glen Duff September 19th 03 07:41 PM

T & G bits for material exceeding 3/4"

I'm making rail and stile panel doors but just want to use a standard
1/4" groove for the panel to fit into. This means of course, that the
ends of the rails will require a tongue. My problem is this. How do
you cut the tongue when the material is over 3/4" thick since the
cutters on my bits for tongue & groove are only 3/4" in height?

When I look up T & G bits they all seem to be 3/4" in height. Is anyone
aware of a source for T & G bits that can be used on 7/8" or even 1"
thick material.

Thanks for any assistance.

Glen Duff