dteckie

Default Problem with JET Supersaw problem

I enjoy lurking here on the wrec and post once in a blue moon. last
Nov. I posted my Positive review on the Jet supersaw with the sliding
table. I'm still a novice woodworker and haven't used the saw much (4
-5 times at most) . Have a few Jet tools and thought highly of Jet
quality and workmanship till now. I had a bitch of a time trying to
adjust and level the sliding table several times and all resulted in
frustration and adjust as best as I can but not as per instruction
manual. Litterly spent days trying to adjust and align sliding table
with shims and instructions provided and broke a few screws tightening
and loosening in the process. Each time I tried adjusting only ended
in oh! F*** it it's good enough. Well this weekend I used the saw for
a new project (mobile workbench) and noticed something I should have
noticed a long time ago when I first unpacked and began assembling the
saw. In my old age I'm slipping and am slow in noticing a few things.
Anyway I could not believe my eyes that it took so long to notice. The
middle cast iron table, the part where the trunion and saw is attached
(which is the reference point and should have been adjusted at
factory) was not level at all. Using a bubble level the left side of
the middle table was over a 1/4 - 1/2 inch higher than the right side.
I could not believe my eyes that it was that far off. At first I
checked the floor and it was level. I looked to see if it was easy to
shim and adjust but it seems to be a bear to try. I really don't want
to take entire saw apart and looks like the bolts are not long enough
to try shimming it up. So I sent email to Jet Techsupport and am
waiting for response. Anyone else experience this problem. BTW I will
post on Jet's response.
mttt

"dteckie" wrote in message
om...
-5 times at most) . Have a few Jet tools and thought highly of Jet
quality and workmanship till now. I had a bitch of a time trying to

My "timing belt" went out on my supersaw after about 8 months of very
occasional use. This is the belt that raises and lowers the blade. Jet
Tech support was fast on the draw with a replacement, but still it hit me as
odd (nee Poor Engineering) to use a belt here.

I don't have the sliding table - I do have the cast iron wing instead.
I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure that my middle table is spot on
level.

Tim Sauerwein

I just bought one of these and in reading the manual, one of the first
things it says to do is level the feet. You can loosen the feet from
the legs and then the legs slide down to the floor flush with the bottom
of the feet. I didn't do this step yet but plan to soon. I guess they
ship it with the legs "up" so the feet take the brunt of the shipping
load.

Check it out, its' the first thing i thought of I while i assume you
read the manual(which I always do front to back) I thought maybe you
skipped this step.

Good luck, I hope I don't need customer service soon with my Supersaw!

Tim