Posted to rec.woodworking

Default FS: 10" Craftsman 10" RAS (cheap)

I need some space back in my garage shop. This is one of the traditional
saws with the switch in the front and no digital readout. Runs and cuts
great, holds alignment as well as any I've ever had. Has the new guard and
a new table. What with sliding tables for the TS and such, I simply don't
use it anymore and need the space. It's sitting on a storage cabinet I
built just for it (take that too) but I think I've got the original legs in
the attic somewhere (no promises though). $50 and come pick it up in
Orlando area.

jim in fl

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 10" Craftsman 10" RAS (cheap)

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
I need some space back in my garage shop. This is one of the traditional
saws with the switch in the front and no digital readout. Runs and cuts
great, holds alignment as well as any I've ever had. Has the new guard and
a new table. What with sliding tables for the TS and such, I simply don't
use it anymore and need the space. It's sitting on a storage cabinet I
built just for it (take that too) but I think I've got the original legs in
the attic somewhere (no promises though). $50 and come pick it up in
Orlando area.

jim in fl

A lot of Sears radial arm saws were subject to a recall, and if yours is one
of them they'll give you $100 for your saw. Take a look at this site to see
if your saw is one of those affected.
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

A lot of Sears radial arm saws were subject to a recall, and if yours is
one of them they'll give you $100 for your saw. Take a look at this site
to see if your saw is one of those affected.
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

It was - that's how I got the new fancy guard (that's what the recall was
for) and new table. My intent at the time was to continue using it but over
time I've found myself not needing it and needing more space.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:27:42 -0400, "Jim Bailey" wrote:

I need some space back in my garage shop. This is one of the traditional
saws with the switch in the front and no digital readout. Runs and cuts
great, holds alignment as well as any I've ever had. Has the new guard and
a new table. What with sliding tables for the TS and such, I simply don't
use it anymore and need the space. It's sitting on a storage cabinet I
built just for it (take that too) but I think I've got the original legs in
the attic somewhere (no promises though). $50 and come pick it up in
Orlando area.

jim in fl

Jim... Same problem here...

Bought a used "powerkraft" RAS for $50 and spent that much or more on a new belt
and anti-kick back spur, then built a new table, fence, etc..

Now it's just taking up space because between the table saw and CMS, I just
don't use it, though when the Shopsmith was my only TS the RAS was a needed
tool..

Hope yours is easier to sell in FL than mine is in Baja...
This is the land of cement and brick..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
I need some space back in my garage shop. This is one of the traditional
saws with the switch in the front and no digital readout. Runs and cuts
great, holds alignment as well as any I've ever had. Has the new guard and
a new table. What with sliding tables for the TS and such, I simply don't
use it anymore and need the space. It's sitting on a storage cabinet I
built just for it (take that too) but I think I've got the original legs in
the attic somewhere (no promises though). $50 and come pick it up in
Orlando area.

jim in fl

Jim,

I'm still on the fence but I think I need an RAS more than the extra space
in the garage. Please drop me a line at .
There's an extra t left of the @.

Brian in fl