DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   drawer stops? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/205916-drawer-stops.html)

[email protected] July 9th 07 04:47 AM

drawer stops?

********
* *
* * *********** *
* * * *
* *

This is a rough of what I am looking for.
These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back into the
dresser.
They are put in place with a hammer.

What are they called?

Swingman July 9th 07 01:41 PM

drawer stops?

wrote in message

These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back into the
dresser.
They are put in place with a hammer.

What are they called?

On "fine furniture"? .... Cheesy.

There are many other/better ways to do this on fine furniture, but more
details would be necessary. If not, disregard.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

RicodJour July 9th 07 02:07 PM

drawer stops?

On Jul 8, 11:47 pm, "
wrote:
********
* *
* *
* *
* * *********** *
* * * *
* *

This is a rough of what I am looking for.
These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back into the
dresser.
They are put in place with a hammer.

What are they called?

Drawer stops.

You might want to consider an alternative, such as
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

Phisherman July 9th 07 03:17 PM

drawer stops?

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 03:47:34 -0000, "
wrote:

********
* *
* *
* *
* * *********** *
* * * *
* *

This is a rough of what I am looking for.
These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back into the
dresser.
They are put in place with a hammer.

What are they called?

Not sure of the name. But, I've made plenty of these from small
hardwood scraps.

J T July 9th 07 04:02 PM

drawer stops?

Mon, Jul 9, 2007, 3:47am (EDT+4) doth
sayeth:
snip These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back
into the dresser. snip

You know, I've got that very same problem. Open a drawer, and have
to keep ahold of it, or it'll go right back into the dresser.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Larry Blanchard July 9th 07 04:41 PM

drawer stops?

wrote:

These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back into the
dresser.
They are put in place with a hammer.

Something I've used with success is plumbing washers. The tapered ones. Put
in place with a screw through the middle hole. Gives a "soft" stop which
reduces shock on the drawer. The diameter can be varied a little by the
tightness of the screw for small adjustments.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

[email protected] July 9th 07 06:18 PM

drawer stops?

On Jul 8, 8:47 pm, "
wrote:
********
* *
* *
* *
* * *********** *
* * * *
* *

This is a rough of what I am looking for.
These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back into the
dresser.
They are put in place with a hammer.

What are they called?

Ok, so from these replies,
I've found thay are called:

DRAWER STOPS, DOUBLE PRONGED

I saw them in Google Images.

Thanks for all the input.

[email protected] July 14th 07 05:51 AM

drawer stops?

On Jul 9, 10:18 am, "
wrote:
On Jul 8, 8:47 pm, "

wrote:
********
* *
* *
* *
* * *********** *
* * * *
* *

This is a rough of what I am looking for.
These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back into the
dresser.
They are put in place with a hammer.

What are they called?

Ok, so from these replies,