DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   45 deg cuts. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/203380-45-deg-cuts.html)

PVR June 10th 07 07:04 PM

45 deg cuts.

My miter saw has +/- 45 deg marks. That is, the max "pointedness" I can get
is 45 deg. I need to cut a 1" x 2" with a more pointed cut, say about 60
deg.
That is, the angle between the cut and the length should be 60 Deg.
(actually
about 62 deg but that is a matter of trial and error.)

I have tried to use my table saw without much success.

Is there any way I can use my miter saw to get more pointed cuts?
Incidentally I have just learned how to get excellent matching corner cuts
for crown molding on my miter saw. I figure there must be a way to get
pointed cuts also.

Peter.

B A R R Y June 10th 07 07:07 PM

45 deg cuts.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:04:16 -0400, "PVR"
wrote:

Is there any way I can use my miter saw to get more pointed cuts?

Make a plywood wedge to add 45 degrees to the fence. The saw will
now cut 45 degrees when the scale reads 0.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

spaco June 10th 07 08:17 PM

45 deg cuts.

Could you turn the wood 90 degrees, using a framing square to align it.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------------

Pop` June 10th 07 09:07 PM

45 deg cuts.

PVR wrote:
My miter saw has +/- 45 deg marks. That is, the max "pointedness" I
can get is 45 deg. I need to cut a 1" x 2" with a more pointed cut,
say about 60 deg.
That is, the angle between the cut and the length should be 60 Deg.
(actually
about 62 deg but that is a matter of trial and error.)

I have tried to use my table saw without much success.

Is there any way I can use my miter saw to get more pointed cuts?
Incidentally I have just learned how to get excellent matching corner
cuts for crown molding on my miter saw. I figure there must be a way
to get pointed cuts also.

Peter.

Turn the wood around; if you need 60 degress, cut 30 degrees from the other
way.