DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sotheby's Important 20th Century Design Auction (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/202931-sothebys-important-20th-century-design-auction.html)

damian penney June 5th 07 08:02 PM

Sotheby's Important 20th Century Design Auction

Some lovely pieces up for auction. Might pick up one of those nice
Greene & Greene chairs (700-900k) or perhaps some nice Nakashima....

http://www.sothebys.com/app/paddleRe...event_id=28295

Andy Dingley June 5th 07 09:49 PM

Sotheby's Important 20th Century Design Auction

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:02:37 -0000, damian penney
wrote:

Some lovely pieces up for auction. Might pick up one of those nice
Greene & Greene chairs (700-900k) or perhaps some nice Nakashima....

The Nakashima looks tempting, and almost affordable.

WTH is Charlotte Perriand, and why are those so expensive for ugly
simplistic stuff that looks like I knocked it up one evening to keep my
beer off the floor?

Neillarson June 6th 07 02:09 PM

Sotheby's Important 20th Century Design Auction

I'll happily take the George Nakashima "A Superb "Minguren I" Dining
Table", but 120K to 190K is a bit high for this payday.

Robatoy June 6th 07 03:06 PM

wrote:

Some lovely pieces up for auction. Might pick up one of those nice
Greene & Greene chairs (700-900k) or perhaps some nice Nakashima....

The Nakashima looks tempting, and almost affordable.

WTH is Charlotte Perriand, and why are those so expensive for ugly
simplistic stuff that looks like I knocked it up one evening to keep my
beer off the floor?

Many MANY drool-grade pieces in there..and some pure crap.

A genuine Mies van der Rohe steel table..... damn, what I wouldn't pay
for that...wait...I KNOW what I wouldn't pay for that..G
That Greene & Greene stuff looks great...and that Gustav Stickly piece
will certainly meet reserve...
I have the appreciation and desire... all I need is a few bucks.

mike hide June 7th 07 05:12 AM

Sotheby's Important 20th Century Design Auction

Most of those pieces desereve a place by the side of the road on Monday
morning with the rest of the trash. by the way did george ever make a piece
worth a dam, like a maloof chair cannot figure where the arms are .....mjh

oups.com...