DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Composite lumber outdoor furniture (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/201038-composite-lumber-outdoor-furniture.html)

Keith May 18th 07 04:17 PM

Composite lumber outdoor furniture

I want to use composite lumber for a picnic table tops and possibly
seats.

Has anyone used this material for furniture applications?

I realize that I have to add some bridging for the table and the
seats. I want to use this because it is the best option available to
me as getting to cedar or white oak is not a possibility at this time.

Swingman May 18th 07 07:19 PM

"Keith" wrote in message

I want to use composite lumber for a picnic table tops and possibly
seats.

Has anyone used this material for furniture applications?

If you consider a porch bench with a back "furniture", yes. Use composite
lumber for the built-in, outdoor, porch benches on many of the new homes I
build. I like it, comes in many colors and/or paints well, is easy to work
with as it can be cut/routed like the real thing, dimensionally stable, and
will last for a loooong time.

Based on that experience, I would say it would be tops for your table tops
and seats.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Tim W May 19th 07 09:37 AM

Composite lumber outdoor furniture

"Keith" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to use composite lumber for a picnic table tops and possibly
seats.

Wot's 'Composite Lumber' ?

Tim W

Leon May 19th 07 01:05 PM

Composite lumber outdoor furniture

"Tim W" wrote in message

"Keith" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to use composite lumber for a picnic table tops and possibly
seats.

Wot's 'Composite Lumber' ?

Tim W

Commonly known as Trex. A manufactured replacement for some out door wood
applications like decks.

Tim W May 19th 07 04:41 PM

Composite lumber outdoor furniture

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

"Tim W" wrote in message
"Keith" wrote in message
ups.com...

I want to use composite lumber ...

Wot's 'Composite Lumber' ?

Commonly known as Trex. A manufactured replacement for some out door wood
applications like decks.

So What's it a composite of? I have never heard of it.

Tim W

Han May 19th 07 08:42 PM

Composite lumber outdoor furniture

"Tim W" wrote in