DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bead board on rounded wall corners (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/199148-bead-board-rounded-wall-corners.html)

rolsonDesign April 28th 07 12:04 AM

bead board on rounded wall corners

I'm remodeling my guest bathroom and there is an outside corner that
is rounded (in fact all the outside corners in my house are rounded)

I'm installing beadboard wainscoting in the bathroom and was wondering
how I handle the rounded corner issue.

I'm using MDF paneling...each panel is roughly 6 inches wide.

I know how to install base molding on rounded corners (22.5 miter
cuts)

How do I do this for paneling?

DanG April 28th 07 05:23 AM

bead board on rounded wall corners

I assume you are talking about bullnose corners.

You can make the same miter cuts on the wainscot, base, and cap
rail.

As an alternative you may want to consider something like this:
http://www.woodgrid.com/, click on corner blocks

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

oups.com...

Leon April 28th 07 04:07 PM

bead board on rounded wall corners

"rolsonDesign" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm remodeling my guest bathroom and there is an outside corner that
is rounded (in fact all the outside corners in my house are rounded)

I'm installing beadboard wainscoting in the bathroom and was wondering
how I handle the rounded corner issue.

I'm using MDF paneling...each panel is roughly 6 inches wide.

I know how to install base molding on rounded corners (22.5 miter
cuts)

How do I do this for paneling?

I think I would stop shot a few inches of the corners and paint the exposed
rounded corners with the same paint and color as the trim and or
wainscoting.

John Grossbohlin April 28th 07 06:39 PM

bead board on rounded wall corners

"rolsonDesign" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm remodeling my guest bathroom and there is an outside corner that
is rounded (in fact all the outside corners in my house are rounded)

I'm installing beadboard wainscoting in the bathroom and was wondering
how I handle the rounded corner issue.

I'm using MDF paneling...each panel is roughly 6 inches wide.

I know how to install base molding on rounded corners (22.5 miter
cuts)

How do I do this for paneling?

I'd be inclined to cut the "panels" into individual "boards" and create a
ship lap. You may need double the materials due to the waste but making the
curve with individual boards shouldn't be a problem.

John

SWDeveloper April 30th 07 05:56 PM

bead board on rounded wall corners

On 27 Apr 2007 15:04:44 -0700, rolsonDesign
wrote:

I'm remodeling my guest bathroom and there is an outside corner that
is rounded (in fact all the outside corners in my house are rounded)

I'm installing beadboard wainscoting in the bathroom and was wondering
how I handle the rounded corner issue.

I'm using MDF paneling...each panel is roughly 6 inches wide.

I know how to install base molding on rounded corners (22.5 miter
cuts)

How do I do this for paneling?

This can be a guessing game to get it right and MDF has some
restrictions. Kurf the backside. If the curve is still too sharp,
ie, your panel breaks you will need to make deeper kurfs and/or
wet/steam the backside of the panel (an old steam iron may work.
However, wetting may not work well with MDF.

Stringcatt June 6th 18 08:44 PM

bead board on rounded wall corners

replying to rolsonDesign, Stringcatt wrote:
Home Depot sells rounded corners for some of its baseboards.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...rs-376639-.htm