Ben Siders

Default Why does Gorilla glue suck?

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:59:46 +0000, Neil Woods wrote:

"D K Woods" wrote in message

It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human

being
has been reported to have learned dolphinese.
-- Carl Sagan

And that is a very nifty quote to use as your .sig. I'm gonna save it!

Also interesting to note that humans aren't caught in fishing nets
deployed my the dolphins and served in casserole along tuna and cheese,
nor subjugated by dolphins are taught to react to verbal signals. My dog
knows about 12 words of English. Guide dogs for the blind often know
German. So what?
Morgans

Why do so many people feel the need to add political or religious

signatures
to their posts? This could be a place where everyone can talk about
woodworking, without someone else's baggage making them mad.

Just a thought.

I guess you could also ask why people have political or religious
statements on bumper stickers. Driving, after all, are supposed to be
about going from one location to another without someone else's baggage
making them mad....

The Difference is, that I don't carry on a conversation with the idgets with
the bumper sticker, and don't have any chance to voice my counter points. I
might converse with you, and would like to do so, without wanting to spout
off.

Don't feel like I was picking on just you. There are many others, but I
usually bite my tounge, and save giving a piece of mind. Problem is, I
don't like holding back.

--
Jim in NC--

D K Woods

The Difference is, that I don't carry on a conversation with the idgets with
the bumper sticker, and don't have any chance to voice my counter points. I
might converse with you, and would like to do so, without wanting to spout
off.

Don't feel like I was picking on just you. There are many others, but I
usually bite my tounge, and save giving a piece of mind. Problem is, I
don't like holding back.

I had never meant for my signature to inspire conversation, either. It was
just supposed to be there, innocently lurking below my name. Perhaps to be
read, mostly to be ignored. Never to be its own thread....

I couldn't agree more, that the conversation here should be about
woodworking. I am really wishing I hadn't chosen what turned out to be
such a volatile signature.

david
--
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human being
has been reported to have learned dolphinese.
-- Carl Sagan

Leon

"Morgans" wrote in message

Why do so many people feel the need to add political or religious

signatures
to their posts? This could be a place where everyone can talk about
woodworking, without someone else's baggage making them mad.

Because they may be insecure with their beliefs and probably need that
constant reminder.

Dave Balderstone

In article , Larry
Blanchard wrote:

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Or, perhaps they want to offer an opposing viewpoint to an opinion
already offered.

;-)

djb

--
------
WOMD?
Leon

IMHO they were either moved out early or were destroyed when we pounded the
area.

Bob Bowles

Had a boss with bumper sticker "Have you hugged your toilet laterly?"
which was somewhat remote from religious affiliations (I think).

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:57:35 -0500, D K Woods
wrote:

I guess you could also ask why people have political or religious
statements on bumper stickers.

Steve

"Bob Bowles" wrote in message
Had a boss with bumper sticker "Have you hugged your toilet laterly?"
which was somewhat remote from religious affiliations (I think).

Nope, during college I worshipped at the Altar of the Porcelain God
quite a bit.

Alan McClure

"Brett A. Thomas" wrote:

In article ,
"Morgans" writes:

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Larry
Blanchard wrote:

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Or, perhaps they want to offer an opposing viewpoint to an opinion
already offered.

;-)

djb

This is rec.woodworking, not rec.war, or rec. politics

I hate being a net nanny, but someone has to do it.

I think the problem with political sigs on apolitical newsgroups is
that they have a real tendency to derail threads. If I see a sig that
you think is brilliant, but I think is incredibly stupid or naive,
it's very hard to keep from replying to the sig.

Heck, I keep waiting for some Christian to point out to JOAT why Jesus
was so special.

-BAT

OK, I'll bite. #1 son?
ARM

Bob Schmall

I've used GG for a number of outdoor applications and have had no problem.
Remember that per the instructions, apply the glue lightly to one of the two
surfaces and apply water lightly to the other. The glue draws its moisture
from that water, and will expand to about 4x its original volume. Then clamp
tightly for 1-4 hours. The end grain to end grain joint isn't very strong,
but it should have held better than what you've described if the glue was
properly applied.

Bob
..
"Gfretwell" wrote in message
OK I tried this stuff again. I was using hard maple, I wet it down good. I
glued both sides and seated a 1x2 into a 1/4" rabit that was a "tap in"

tight
fit. This was clamped overnight. The next day a light tap with a hammer

broke
the joint with absolutely no damage to the wood. I think library paste

would
have done a better job. Where did I go wrong? I can send pictures of the

bad
joint.

Dave Balderstone

In article , Morgans
wrote:

I hate being a net nanny, but someone has to do it.

Yeah, right...

djb

--
"You know why men name their penis? Because we wouldn't want a total stranger
making all our decisions for us!" -- Ed the Sock
Brett A. Thomas

In article ,
Alan McClure writes:

"Brett A. Thomas" wrote:
Heck, I keep waiting for some Christian to point out to JOAT why Jesus
was so special.

OK, I'll bite. #1 son?

"Jack of All Trades" (JOAT) has a current sig of "If we're all God's
children, what's so special about Jesus?" If I were a Christian, I
imagine it would be very tempting to write a long ranting response
explaining what was so special about Jesus. Since I'm not, I feel no
such compulsion, but I keep expecting that sig to generate a huge
thread.

Heck, maybe it's just about to do so.

-BAT

Posted to rec.woodworking

I tried the glue on the liner of my eyeglass case. I moistened one side and gorilla the opposite side. I clamped the 2 sides together. I thought great! The next morning the liner popped open and came right apart. Gorilla glue is deficient! Im very disappointed. 😕

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ck-144291-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/15/2021 11:45 AM, nancy wrote:
I tried the glue on the liner of my eyeglass case. I moistened one side
and gorilla the opposite side. I clamped the 2 sides together. I thought
great! The next morning the liner popped open and came right apart.
Gorilla glue is deficient! Im very disappointed. 😕

Were both surfaces clean? Moistened with what?

Undoing hide glue Robert UK diy 1 May 26th 04 12:56 PM
Glue for Sony walkman headset? John Smith UK diy 13 March 23rd 04 08:48 PM
Glue FAQ? Gfretwell Woodworking 3 August 19th 03 07:04 PM
Gorilla Glue Brad Woodworking 16 July 17th 03 02:48 AM
Glueless laminate floor and glue.. Abso UK diy 11 July 14th 03 11:49 PM