DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rent a Planer/Joiner for an hour in Seattle? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/198738-rent-planer-joiner-hour-seattle.html)

[email protected] April 23rd 07 05:57 PM

Rent a Planer/Joiner for an hour in Seattle?

I have three teak boards made by gluing together .5"x.5" strips. The
widest one is 11.5" wide and now I need to make them square (hence the
planer and joiner needed). Anyone have any idea how I can get this
done without paying though the nose? Thanks,
Tool-less

Dave W April 23rd 07 06:03 PM

Rent a Planer/Joiner for an hour in Seattle?

If you find someone out there, offer to sharpen the blades; teak can be very
rough on planer and jointer blades. I have seen actual pockets of sand in
teak planks. In fact, why not use a hand plane?
Dave
oups.com...

Lew Hodgett April 23rd 07 06:04 PM

wrote:

I have three teak boards made by gluing together .5"x.5" strips. The
widest one is 11.5" wide and now I need to make them square (hence the
planer and joiner needed). Anyone have any idea how I can get this
done without paying though the nose? Thanks,

A batten and a fairing board with lots of 24 grit paper.

When your arms ache so bad you wish they would fall off, you are
getting close.

Lew