Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HOW TO CLEAN: Vinyl Coated Shelving; Help Wanted

Cannot get rid of that sticky feeling on some VC Shelving in a house
I'm fixing up.

Wound up buying new

But thought to ask in case ANYONE had a sure-fire cleaning tip for the
stuff.

NORM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 4:03 pm, "Hoosierpopi" wrote:
Cannot get rid of that sticky feeling on some VC Shelving in a house
I'm fixing up.

Wound up buying new

But thought to ask in case ANYONE had a sure-fire cleaning tip for the
stuff.

NORM

soapy water and a sponge? mix in some elbow grease.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 5:59 pm, "lwhaley" wrote:
On Apr 13, 4:03 pm, "Hoosierpopi" wrote:

Cannot get rid of that sticky feeling on some VC Shelving in a house
I'm fixing up.

Wound up buying new

But thought to ask in case ANYONE had a sure-fire cleaning tip for the
stuff.

NORM

soapy water and a sponge? mix in some elbow grease.

The tacky VC wire shelving is probably rather old. To my knowledge it
has all been superceded by epoxy painted shelving. Your clean up time
is probably worth more than replacement with the newer variety which
will not turn tacky.
Joe G