Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Fox Tools

I strolled through a tool store here in Vermont today
and came across tools with the Shop Fox name on them.

Did a Google search and turned up a number of places that
sell this brand.

I Never heard of this brand and am wondering if anyone
here has any experience with this brand. Good or
bad.
Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Marty K" wrote in message
I strolled through a tool store here in Vermont today
and came across tools with the Shop Fox name on them.

Did a Google search and turned up a number of places that
sell this brand.

I Never heard of this brand and am wondering if anyone
here has any experience with this brand. Good or
bad.
Thanks

Shop Fox is the retail version of some Grizzly tools. Grizzly has far more
models and tools.

Look at

www.grizzly.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Shop Fox is the retail version of some Grizzly tools. Grizzly has far
more models and tools.

Look at

www.grizzly.com

Shop Fox is going to be priced a bit higher because you are paying the
retail and shipping costs. You'll pay shipping with Grizzly.

A local tool store recently started handling Shop Fox. I own a Grizzly
1023s cabinet saw and our son owns one of their higher-end contractor table
saws. They had the equivalent of both on the floor. Equivalent is a fairly
good term. Other than color and plaques they are very similar to the Griz
stuff. I did notice their cabinet saw had different handwheels, but other
than that, no real difference.

Several of the Grizzly saws have been using Shop Fox fences for years.
Pretty darned good fence.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

you may see a better motor and switches and local service. but don't
bet always on costing more. I bought the shopfox version of my mill
drill and not including shipping (I only paid 50.00 to have it
delivered and grizzly would have charged 200.00 to deliver) I saved
about 200.00 and I have a local warranty if I need parts.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Really? You know it looked the machines over in the store and didn't even
look at the price tags. Guess I'll have to do that next time I'm down
there.

I did crawl around and look at the turnnions and motor area of the cabinet
saw. they looked very similar but I don't know if the Shop Fox has its own
motor. or same as Griz. Overall it felt like I was looking at my 1023 with
different cosmetics. The paint and markings do make it look a little more
upscale.

RonB

"Steve knight" wrote in message
you may see a better motor and switches and local service. but don't
bet always on costing more. I bought the shopfox version of my mill
drill and not including shipping (I only paid 50.00 to have it
delivered and grizzly would have charged 200.00 to deliver) I saved
about 200.00 and I have a local warranty if I need parts.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:08:46 -0500, "RonB" wrote:

Really? You know it looked the machines over in the store and didn't even
look at the price tags. Guess I'll have to do that next time I'm down
there.

my store will service the shopfox so that right there would be worth a
little extra cost. but so far the cost for me has been lower for the
shopfox brand and since I don't have to pay shipping it has been a
fair amount cheaper. I bought my mill/drill that weighed 600# and my
17" bandsaw and all it cost me was 50.00 delivery and they brought
them all the way down into my shop.
though I could not talk them into lifting the mill onto a table (G)
Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote:

Really? You know it looked the machines over in the store and didn't even
look at the price tags. Guess I'll have to do that next time I'm down
there.

I did crawl around and look at the turnnions and motor area of the cabinet
saw. they looked very similar but I don't know if the Shop Fox has its own
motor. or same as Griz. Overall it felt like I was looking at my 1023 with
different cosmetics. The paint and markings do make it look a little more
upscale.

Shiraz (Sal) Balolia is the registered agent for both Grizzly Tools and
Woodstock International (ShopFox).

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Biesemeyer on a Shop Fox ??? Brian Woodworking 6 April 7th 06 08:03 PM
Shop Fox Don Woodworking 28 April 6th 05 03:13 AM
Shop Fox W1677 TS Interious Woodworking 2 March 27th 05 03:44 PM
looking for info on "shop fox" line of machine tools F. George McDuffee Metalworking 7 March 22nd 05 11:38 PM
shop fox John Bigg Woodworking 19 February 3rd 05 06:23 AM