DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Workbench design (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/19759-workbench-design.html)

Norm Edelmann August 18th 03 12:49 AM

Workbench design

OK I'm finally going to build myself a proper workbench. I've pretty well
decided on the design out of April 2003's Fine Woodworking. It's a smaller
but still quite large variation on the Shaker style bench in Landis's
Workbench Book. My issue right now is... what am I going to do with all
those drawers? Wouldn't I be better served with maybe one full bank of
drawers, four more chisel, marker depth drawers (two and two) and two
cabinets to put stuff on shelves?

I've got a tool chest on the wall which currently contains most of my
regularly required hand tools and my run off table from the TS has 9 large
drawers for power tools. What would I do with all that space? If anybody has
managed to fill 15 drawers on a workbench without going out and buying a
bunch of tools they don't need please tell me what's in them.