Posted to rec.woodworking

Default which HF lift table

I've been watching sales at HF for one of their hydraulic lift tables.

There are 4 models, but basically they fall into two sizes, either a:

50" (high lift)
34-1/2"

the other two look to be lighter duty..
???
26-3/8"

What would be ideal is a sale price + 20% off coupon.

Any thoughts?
How often might I lift more than 34-1/2" ? I'd probably mount a bit
larger surface to the top of the lift table and that would add another 2" or
so and bring me up level to the tablesaw, etc.

Is the double scissor likely to be a bit more wobbly?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Coloradotrout wrote:
I've been watching sales at HF for one of their hydraulic lift tables.

There are 4 models, but basically they fall into two sizes, either a:

50" (high lift)
34-1/2"

the other two look to be lighter duty..
???
26-3/8"

What would be ideal is a sale price + 20% off coupon.

Any thoughts?
How often might I lift more than 34-1/2" ? I'd probably mount a bit
larger surface to the top of the lift table and that would add another 2" or
so and bring me up level to the tablesaw, etc.

Is the double scissor likely to be a bit more wobbly?

My experience with their pallet jacks is that you'll probably get
reasonable duty for the rated weight. The only thing I see that is of
any real concern is the foot pedal ... I'd take a closer look to see it
if was sturdy enough for my tastes before putting my money on the line.

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000732-0, 04/10/2007
Tested on: 4/10/2007 3:33:16 PM