Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default NWA Showcase...

What a weekend !!!! This past was the annual Showcase for the
Northeastern Woodworkers assoc. What a show !!! The displays were fantastic
and the vendors were simply swimming with trade.New additions to the list
were Lee Valley and The Craftsman gallery, purveyors of the Woodrat, to name
a few. This was the best show in the last 5 years in my eyes. I have no idea
what the gate was, but the place was packed !!! There was an air of
excitement that could not be ignored. So many walking around and either
viewing the displays of fine craftsmanship, or obtaining first hand
knowledge from seminars or asking dealer reps questions on a one to one
basis, a rarity in this area. Overall, I was sad to have to leave as this is
the only type of show around without having to drive to Springfield Mass.
And honestly, comparing reviews to attendees of both shows, the NWA, a
volunteer group, takes the prize. Keep up the good work and congratulations
on a fantastic show !!!