DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metal detector search (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/196120-metal-detector-search.html)

[email protected] March 25th 07 04:50 PM

Metal detector search

DAGS and found LOTS of BIG pricey units for finding buried treasures
but not any hand held units for nails/brads/screws. Would Zircon have
a viable option?

Tvfarmer March 25th 07 05:47 PM

Metal detector search

On Mar 25, 11:50 am, wrote:
DAGS and found LOTS of BIG pricey units for finding buried treasures
but not any hand held units for nails/brads/screws. Would Zircon have
a viable option?

Harbor freight has one but I don't know about the quality ( wand
type)

J. Clarke March 25th 07 05:49 PM

Metal detector search

wrote:
DAGS and found LOTS of BIG pricey units for finding buried treasures
but not any hand held units for nails/brads/screws. Would Zircon have
a viable option?

Froogle "Security wand" and "metal detector wand".

Also,
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3820

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Phisherman March 25th 07 09:59 PM

Metal detector search

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:50:28 -0400, wrote:

DAGS and found LOTS of BIG pricey units for finding buried treasures
but not any hand held units for nails/brads/screws. Would Zircon have
a viable option?

I have the Wizard III metal detector. There's a "Little Wizard" if
you have small amounts to scan. Works great and quickly detects the
screw put inside my leg during an ACL surgery. I think I bought mine
at Woodcraft or you can try

www.wizarddetectors.com

Tanus March 25th 07 11:09 PM

Metal detector search

wrote:
DAGS and found LOTS of BIG pricey units for finding buried treasures
but not any hand held units for nails/brads/screws. Would Zircon have
a viable option?

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...5125&cat=1,240

Ranges from $22 CAN to $92 CAN.

Lower in the US likely.

Tanus

--
This is not really a sig.

http://users.compzone.ca/george/shop/

Nobull4u March 28th 07 01:08 AM

Metal detector search

On Mar 25, 11:50 am, wrote:
DAGS and found LOTS of BIG pricey units for finding buried treasures
but not any hand held units for nails/brads/screws. Would Zircon have
a viable option?

Amazon has one for $18, the Wizard Detectors 24902 Little Wizard II
Metal Detector
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance