DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Any recommendations on exotic wood resource material? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/19505-any-recommendations-exotic-wood-resource-material.html)

McQualude August 11th 03 05:06 AM

Any recommendations on exotic wood resource material?

I have found a few on the web, but they mostly concentrate on the common
woods, I'm looking for something more inclusive, preferably either a book
with color pictures or a website. I'm interested in common uses of the wood
and mechanical properties (nothing too scientific).

Invariably I see some wood like Kwila and not know what it is.

Here are a few internet sites I use, if anyone can use them...

http://www.exoticwoodflooring.com/ex...oodspecies.htm
http://www.highlandhardwoods.com/har...ring-info.html
http://www.hardwood.org/species_guid...ay_species.asp
http://forestry.about.com/library/tree/blhardex.htm
http://www.wood-worker.com/properties.htm
http://www.timspec.co.nz/
--
McQualude

McQualude August 16th 03 05:16 AM

Any recommendations on exotic wood resource material?

Charlie Self spaketh...

McQualude states:

P van Rijckevorsel spaketh...

Why not use what everybody else is using?:
http://www2.fpl.fs.fed.us/TechSheets/techmenu.html

A dead link? Maybe it's the power outage... hmmm.
Damn solar flares.

Must have been. It's fine this morning.

And a damn fine site as well... thanks Rij
--
McQualude

P van Rijckevorsel August 16th 03 06:49 PM

Any recommendations on exotic wood resource material?

P van Rijckevorsel spaketh...
Why not use what everybody else is using?:
http://www2.fpl.fs.fed.us/TechSheets/techmenu.html

McQualude schreef
And a damn fine site as well... thanks Rij
--
McQualude

+ + +
You are welcome, but it is mentioned plenty of times in the archives.
PvR

P van Rijckevorsel September 8th 03 08:01 PM

Any recommendations on exotic wood resource material?

Why not use what everybody else is using?:
http://www2.fpl.fs.fed.us/TechSheets/techmenu.html
PvR

McQualude schreef in berichtnieuws