DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT chain link fence posts (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/194769-ot-chain-link-fence-posts.html)

larry March 11th 07 08:51 PM

OT chain link fence posts

Since this is an off topic post I'll be brief : Question for chain link
fencing are 21/2 inch posts at the corners instead of 2 inch worth the extra
expense? As usual thanks in advance for any and all help. Larry in
Cinci

Nova March 11th 07 10:39 PM

OT chain link fence posts

larry wrote:
Since this is an off topic post I'll be brief : Question for chain link
fencing are 21/2 inch posts at the corners instead of 2 inch worth the extra
expense? As usual thanks in advance for any and all help. Larry in
Cinci

Yes, all the tension of the fabric is held by the corner posts.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Lew Hodgett March 11th 07 11:29 PM

OT chain link fence posts

larry wrote:
Since this is an off topic post I'll be brief : Question for chain

link
fencing are 21/2 inch posts at the corners instead of 2 inch worth

the extra
expense?

Bigger is better. I'd go 3" complete with corner bracing.

Lew

Don Fearn March 11th 07 11:30 PM

OT chain link fence posts

"larry" opin'd thus:

Since this is an off topic post I'll be brief : Question for chain link
fencing are 21/2 inch posts at the corners instead of 2 inch worth the extra
expense?

YES!!!

As usual thanks in advance for any and all help.

Glad to help. (That was easy!)

--
Light travels faster than sound; this is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak