DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New project: a Shuffleboard Table (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/193645-re-new-project-shuffleboard-table.html)

[email protected] February 28th 07 08:30 PM

New project: a Shuffleboard Table

On Feb 25, 9:51 pm, Gary Kemper wrote:
Hello all,

Just thought I would share a project I am working on. It's a 16'
shuffleboard table. You can see my progress at:

http://www.arealnice.com/shuffleboard/

It's made out of nothing more that plywood and two boxes of bamboo
flooring. Bamboo because it was cheap, light colored, and available
(Lowes).

Oh yea, it will have a mahogany rim around the top edge. I will add
more pictures as I go.

Gary

Look's great! How are you achieving the absolute flatness that's
requried?

[email protected] March 4th 07 02:28 PM

New project: a Shuffleboard Table

On Feb 28, 10:00 pm, Gary Kemper wrote:
Hello,

If you look at images 68 thru 71 you will see three bolts in each
cross brace. These are every 15 inches dorn the full length of the
playing surface. The bolts are in slots which will allow infinite
adjustment including making the surface concave or convex at any point
or along the entire length.

Try doing that with a 3 inch thick maple slab!

Gary

On 28 Feb 2007 12:30:49 -0800, wrote:

That's a great idea. Very impressive project!!