DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Parts for an older Jet Bandsaw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/192644-parts-older-jet-bandsaw.html)

[email protected] February 18th 07 07:20 PM

Parts for an older Jet Bandsaw

Hello,

I really hope you can help me. I bought an older, used Jet bandsaw
(model JBS-14, green in color) a year ago and since then I've been
trying to find a replacement for my below table blade guide. I'm not
looking for anything fancy, I'm just looking to replace it because the
metal has broken from the years of fatigue.

I should explain myself a little more; the part I am looking for is
not actually the part that holds the blade guide, but the part that
holds the part that holds the blade guide. Does that make sense?

Does anyone know where I can get parts for an older Jet bandsaw? I've
been having a hell of a time sourcing this part.

Quentin.

Derrick M February 19th 07 02:44 AM

On Feb 18, 12:20 pm, " wrote:
Hello,

I really hope you can help me. I bought an older, used Jet bandsaw
(model JBS-14, green in color) a year ago and since then I've been
trying to find a replacement for my below table blade guide. I'm not
looking for anything fancy, I'm just looking to replace it because the
metal has broken from the years of fatigue.

I should explain myself a little more; the part I am looking for is
not actually the part that holds the blade guide, but the part that
holds the part that holds the blade guide. Does that make sense?

Does anyone know where I can get parts for an older Jet bandsaw? I've
been having a hell of a time sourcing this part.

Quentin.

In case you are not able to find the part that you need, what would it
take to repair yours? Could it be brazed, soldered or welded? Perhaps
fabricating a replacement is a last resort but may get you back to
work sooner. Good luck.

Unquestionably Confused February 19th 07 04:58 AM

wrote:
Hello,

I really hope you can help me. I bought an older, used Jet bandsaw
(model JBS-14, green in color) a year ago and since then I've been
trying to find a replacement for my below table blade guide. I'm not
looking for anything fancy, I'm just looking to replace it because the
metal has broken from the years of fatigue.

I should explain myself a little more; the part I am looking for is
not actually the part that holds the blade guide, but the part that
holds the part that holds the blade guide. Does that make sense?

Does anyone know where I can get parts for an older Jet bandsaw? I've
been having a hell of a time sourcing this part.

Excuse me for bringing up the obvious but have you exhausted the folks
at tech support for Jet? I had a problem picking up parts for an early
(blue) Jet cabinet saw and through persistence and a very helpful young
lady in tech support I was able to obtain most of the parts I needed
which at least allowed me to easily fabricate the balance of what I
needed. This was after two other folks down there told me "Sorry, you
are S.O.L.)

If you've beaten that horse to death, forgive me. If not, it's
certainly worth another try before, perhaps, following Derrick's logical
suggestion.