DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dewalt sliding table on my 1960s Unisaw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/19193-dewalt-sliding-table-my-1960s-unisaw.html)

Doug Payne August 4th 03 04:22 PM

Dewalt sliding table on my 1960s Unisaw

I just added the Dewalt sliding table to my Unisaw. Makes a VAST improvement
to the saw. The table looks like it was made for the saw--not a kluged
conversion at all. Slides very smoothly and makes dead-on accurate cuts.

The only difficult part was tracking down the three 7/16-20 flathead socket
cap screws that are required. I also had to trim 1/8" off of the rear
mounting bracket. Used my metal-cutting bandsaw. Slow-going, but I got
through it OK.

I highly recommend this conversion to anyone contemplating it. Bought the
Dewalt sliding table at Woodcraft store when they were having a 10% off
sale.

Doug