DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problems with epoxy coated full extension slides? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/191756-problems-epoxy-coated-full-extension-slides.html)

Leuf February 9th 07 12:55 AM

Problems with epoxy coated full extension slides?

I have used full extension slides before, but never these white epoxy
coated ones. What I'm finding is that where the middle and outer
parts bear against each other it's cutting through the epoxy down to
bare metal. I can feel the grit as they operate.

I thought maybe I had installed them out of whack, but I noticed it on
the first pair I had just taken out of the packaging and fooled around
with a bit then set aside.

I don't know if once they wear all the epoxy off the mating surface
they'll be okay or not. There doesn't appear to be any way for the
grit to get out of there, and I can't see any way to take the middle
part out.

These are 100 lb full extension slides from Lee Valley (02K37.12), who
I haven't contacted yet. Just figured I'd see if this was typical for
this type of slide before I get Rob's minions fired up.

-Leuf

Leon February 9th 07 02:31 PM

"Leuf" wrote in message
[...]

I have never had that problem with coated slides. I think I would send a
quick e-mail or make a phone call to Lee Valley.

Leuf February 9th 07 10:55 PM

Problems with epoxy coated full extension slides?

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:31:12 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

These are 100 lb full extension slides from Lee Valley (02K37.12), who
I haven't contacted yet. Just figured I'd see if this was typical for
this type of slide before I get Rob's minions fired up.

I have never had that problem with coated slides. I think I would send a
quick e-mail or make a phone call to Lee Valley.

The minions have been activated. The really bad part though is that I
already shipped out a project with 8 pairs of them in it to a
customer. So now I need to get back in touch with them to find out if
they want them replaced, and see if LV will ship those 8 directly to
them so I'm not shipping slides all over the country. Not to mention
the joy of having your customer have to swap them all out.

-Leuf