William E. Prisavage

Default Cutting melamine

Freud makes a "triple chip" blade that I've had good results with.It's a bit
pricey,there may be others that are better.I got mine at a WWing show at a
half price bin.I paid $55.00.

"John Emmons" wrote in message
Wreckers,

I need some advice. I've got an order for some "tech blocks" these are
simple blocks of melamine covered particle board about 5" by 8" with a

1/8"
slot running down the length in the middle. We use em for working on slot
cars. I've run a bunch thru my table saw in the past with ok results, I'd
really like to get rid of the chipping problems. I've thought about using
some masking tape over each cut line and a zero clearance insert. I'm also
open to the idea of buying a better blade.
Can anyone recommend a specific blade that will minimise the chipping?

I've
seen a couple advertised but have no personal knowledge of the quality of
the cut. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

John Emmons