Tom Watson

Default "beadboard" table top?

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:08:49 -0700, "lorraine"
wrote:

I'm making an island for my kitchen which is just about completed. I really
like the look of beadboard and was wondering if it would be possible to use
this as a table top if I polyurethaned it. There is 1/2 inch plywood under
whatever I decide to top this with for support. It wouldn't be used for
cutting or hot materials, more just to eat at. If course the edges will be
trimmed out, etc.

TIA,

The only way I would do it is if I could use a poured finish that
would wind up level.

Too many nooks and crannies for the food to get trapped in otherwise.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Mike G

Yes it is possible.

You didn't ask but, would I do it? Not on a bet!

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods
"lorraine" wrote in message
I'm making an island for my kitchen which is just about completed. I

really
like the look of beadboard and was wondering if it would be possible to

use
this as a table top if I polyurethaned it. There is 1/2 inch plywood under
whatever I decide to top this with for support. It wouldn't be used for
cutting or hot materials, more just to eat at. If course the edges will be
trimmed out, etc.

TIA,

JLucas ILS

I would put 1/2" plate glass ontop
Tim V

Do you mean bReadboard?

--
Tim
--------

Mike G

A very good pick up. I bet it is what was meant, it makes far more sense. Of
course, in the application he describes, I still wouldn't do it but what the
heck.

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods