DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tinting Shellac (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/189925-tinting-shellac.html)

Virgle January 22nd 07 12:59 AM

Tinting Shellac

What is the proper type of dye to use with shellac?
I checked at Lowes and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Virgle

[email protected] January 22nd 07 01:38 AM

Tinting Shellac

Virgle wrote:
What is the proper type of dye to use with shellac?
I checked at Lowes and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Virgle

Try transtint dye. you can get at Woodcraft, or:
http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/

John January 22nd 07 01:39 AM

Tinting Shellac

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:59:26 GMT, "Virgle" wrote:

What is the proper type of dye to use with shellac?
I checked at Lowes and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Virgle

You want an alcohol-soluble dye. Look he

http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/ht...nsFastdyes.htm

To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com

John

Virgle January 22nd 07 12:58 PM

Tinting Shellac

What is the proper type of dye to use with shellac?
I checked at Lowes and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Virgle

You want an alcohol-soluble dye. Look he

http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/ht...nsFastdyes.htm

Thanks for the help Brian and John.

Virgle

Nova January 22nd 07 05:40 PM

Tinting Shellac

Virgle wrote:

What is the proper type of dye to use with shellac?
I checked at Lowes and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Virgle

You want an alcohol-soluble dye. Look he

http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/ht...nsFastdyes.htm

Thanks for the help Brian and John.

Virgle

TransTint dyes are also available at Rockler:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA