Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Warped board

Originally, my kitchen-cabinet doors had flat (i.e., slab) fronts. The
door-fronts have since been recessed and re-faced.

Below the kitchen sink is a closet (where the cleaning-supplies are
kept). Between the sink and the closet is a false-front particle-board
panel.

Over the years, the particle-board panel has swollen (due to the nearby
moisture from the dishwasher and sink).

Can I buy a recessed false-front panel (with a recessed style) to match
the kitchen-cabinets?
Or, can I remove the facing and re-apply it to a new false-front panel?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I just completed the refinishing of my cabinets.
Particle board is a nightmare in a kitchen like you said especially closed
to the dishwasher.
I do not have a mental image of your closet. I would, at first, only
remove the facing and re-apply it to a new false-front panel.
In doing so I would alter the design to allow some humidity to escape and to
promote more air circulation.

"gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
Originally, my kitchen-cabinet doors had flat (i.e., slab) fronts. The
door-fronts have since been recessed and re-faced.

Below the kitchen sink is a closet (where the cleaning-supplies are
kept). Between the sink and the closet is a false-front particle-board
panel.

Over the years, the particle-board panel has swollen (due to the nearby
moisture from the dishwasher and sink).

Can I buy a recessed false-front panel (with a recessed style) to match
the kitchen-cabinets?
Or, can I remove the facing and re-apply it to a new false-front panel?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 18 Jan 2007 18:18:23 -0800, "gary"
wrote:

Originally, my kitchen-cabinet doors had flat (i.e., slab) fronts. The
door-fronts have since been recessed and re-faced.

Below the kitchen sink is a closet (where the cleaning-supplies are
kept). Between the sink and the closet is a false-front particle-board
panel.

Over the years, the particle-board panel has swollen (due to the nearby
moisture from the dishwasher and sink).

Can I buy a recessed false-front panel (with a recessed style) to match
the kitchen-cabinets?
Or, can I remove the facing and re-apply it to a new false-front panel?

If the panel is replaced it will not match the stain/finish of the
original/surrounding cabinets unless you refinish the entire kitchen.
I'm sure if look hard enough you can get a replacement cabinet door.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bah Humbug. Just replace the crappy particleboard with real wood..
You can get replacement doors over the internet search for them.

Warped chessboard Stan E. Markerson Woodworking 5 July 17th 06 12:00 PM
Warped Panelling [email protected] Home Repair 1 September 26th 05 09:25 PM
Warped timber Mat and Suzy Home Repair 5 July 2nd 05 10:38 PM
What to do with a warped panel? Toller Woodworking 0 May 1st 04 02:34 AM
Warped wood Danny Boy Woodworking 11 April 28th 04 07:59 PM