DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TS digital guide (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/189585-ts-digital-guide.html)

Art Ransom January 18th 07 05:32 PM

TS digital guide

Just found this. Anyone bought one?
http://www.wixey.com/index.html

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas
www.turningaround.org
akransom@ comcast.net is changing to

Father Haskell January 18th 07 05:41 PM

TS digital guide

Art Ransom wrote:
Just found this. Anyone bought one?
http://www.wixey.com/index.html

I've never thought a Biesemeyer needed additional accuracy.
The angle guage looks like it'd be nice for setting honing
guides, though.

Panic January 18th 07 08:35 PM

TS digital guide

"Father Haskell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Art Ransom wrote:
Just found this. Anyone bought one?
http://www.wixey.com/index.html

I've never thought a Biesemeyer needed additional accuracy.
The angle guage looks like it'd be nice for setting honing
guides, though.

I have the digital angle gauge and I love it, makes it very easy to set the
blade tilt. Haven't tried this one yet though.

Prometheus January 19th 07 12:49 PM

TS digital guide

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:32:39 -0600, "Art Ransom"
wrote:

Just found this. Anyone bought one?
http://www.wixey.com/index.html

I haven't tried one of those, but it's a proven technology. I've seen
them plenty of times on panel saws and attached to knee mills. I'm
sure they work fine- but it seems a little expensive to me.

[email protected] January 19th 07 03:47 PM

TS digital guide

Art Ransom wrote:
Just found this. Anyone bought one?
http://www.wixey.com/index.html

Those things look great but I'm tired of picking up a tool and finding
out I've got batteries to replace again.

I might change my mind later but I've developed a pretty healthy liking
for non-digital readouts. I never forget to switch 'em off, and I never
open the battery drawer to find out I forgot to stock up on a certain
hard-to-find battery type.

But that might be just because it's in my recent memory. :-)

Edwin Pawlowski January 19th 07 06:52 PM

TS digital guide

"Art Ransom" wrote in message
. ..
Just found this. Anyone bought one?
http://www.wixey.com/index.html

--

Nifty, but not $150 worth of nifty. Matching up those little lines on the
scale is easy enough with the Beis now that I'm not inclined to spend a lot