Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is a lampshade, Alex? (somewhat off topic)

Last night on Jeopardy there was a contestant who Alex introduced as a
"woodworker who makes unusual lamps" He makes the shades from maple
veneers. Alex must also have an appreciation for wood as he asked the
guy about what wood gives the best grain and what brings out the
pattern.
Too bad the guy finished second in Final Jeopardy.

Marc
(Note; Quotes and anything else I remember from last night were typed
this morning so there may be a bit of mental fermentation that has
taken place)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"marc rosen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last night on Jeopardy there was a contestant who Alex introduced as a
"woodworker who makes unusual lamps" He makes the shades from maple
veneers. Alex must also have an appreciation for wood as he asked the
guy about what wood gives the best grain and what brings out the
pattern.
Too bad the guy finished second in Final Jeopardy.

I think the contestants provide Alex with questions to ask when interviewing
during the show. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"marc rosen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last night on Jeopardy there was a contestant who Alex introduced as a
"woodworker who makes unusual lamps" He makes the shades from maple
veneers. Alex must also have an appreciation for wood as he asked the
guy about what wood gives the best grain and what brings out the
pattern.
Too bad the guy finished second in Final Jeopardy.

I think the contestants provide Alex with questions to ask when interviewing
during the show. ;~)

In my best Sean Connery voice:

"The Penis Mightier Than The Sword for 200, Trebeck!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Leon wrote:
"marc rosen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last night on Jeopardy there was a contestant who Alex introduced as a
"woodworker who makes unusual lamps" He makes the shades from maple
veneers. Alex must also have an appreciation for wood as he asked the
guy about what wood gives the best grain and what brings out the
pattern.
Too bad the guy finished second in Final Jeopardy.

I think the contestants provide Alex with questions to ask when
interviewing
during the show. ;~)

In my best Sean Connery voice:

"The Penis Mightier Than The Sword for 200, Trebeck!"

"The day is mine. I'll take famous titties for 400."

Posted to rec.woodworking
DL DL is offline

On 18 Jan 2007 03:37:09 -0800, "marc rosen" wrote:

Last night on Jeopardy there was a contestant who Alex introduced as a
"woodworker who makes unusual lamps" He makes the shades from maple
veneers. Alex must also have an appreciation for wood as he asked the
guy about what wood gives the best grain and what brings out the
pattern.
Too bad the guy finished second in Final Jeopardy.

Marc
(Note; Quotes and anything else I remember from last night were typed
this morning so there may be a bit of mental fermentation that has
taken place)

He lost to the co-host of Shprockets so that doesn't spoeak well for
woodworkers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

todd wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Leon wrote:
"marc rosen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last night on Jeopardy there was a contestant who Alex introduced as a
"woodworker who makes unusual lamps" He makes the shades from maple
veneers. Alex must also have an appreciation for wood as he asked the
guy about what wood gives the best grain and what brings out the
pattern.
Too bad the guy finished second in Final Jeopardy.

I think the contestants provide Alex with questions to ask when
interviewing
during the show. ;~)

In my best Sean Connery voice:

"The Penis Mightier Than The Sword for 200, Trebeck!"

"The day is mine. I'll take famous titties for 400."

"The Rapist" for $400

I've been on the show ... yes you provide the basic question for Alex
to ask.

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote in
oups.com:

"The Rapist" for $400

I've been on the show ... yes you provide the basic question for Alex
to ask.

Someone should ask then, "At what frequencies does the Pentatonic scale
harmonize with String Theory?" ;-)

Puckdropper