DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Piano Hinge (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/188933-piano-hinge.html)

Ellestad January 12th 07 03:00 PM

Piano Hinge

I need two short piano hinges, approx. 24 inches. I'm thinking about sawing
a 48 inch hinge in half. Will I have any problem with the pin staying put?
The hinges will be used vertically.

Thanks

Tim

Swingman January 12th 07 06:44 PM

Piano Hinge

"Ellestad" wrote in message
I need two short piano hinges, approx. 24 inches. I'm thinking about

sawing
a 48 inch hinge in half. Will I have any problem with the pin staying put?
The hinges will be used vertically.

With a good quality hinge, you shouldn't have any trouble ... it's done all
the time.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

DonkeyHody January 12th 07 11:48 PM

Piano Hinge

Ellestad wrote:
I need two short piano hinges, approx. 24 inches. I'm thinking about sawing
a 48 inch hinge in half. Will I have any problem with the pin staying put?
The hinges will be used vertically.

Thanks

Tim

I cut a piano hinge in two and tried to drive the pin out but couldn't.

DonkeyHody
"Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

Mike O. January 13th 07 04:14 AM

Piano Hinge

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:00:13 -0600, "Ellestad"
wrote:

I need two short piano hinges, approx. 24 inches. I'm thinking about sawing
a 48 inch hinge in half. Will I have any problem with the pin staying put?

No.
We saw them up all the time with no problems. I don't know what holds
that thing in but it won't come out.

Mike O.