DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PC Reciprocating Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18857-pc-reciprocating-saw.html)

Jerry July 26th 03 09:09 PM

PC Reciprocating Saw

I just bought a PC 9737P orbital action reciprocating saw. I can't
see much difference in the blade movement when I move the orbital knob
from one position to the other. Is this something that's very subtle
or am I doing soemthing wrong?

cdg July 28th 03 06:21 PM

PC Reciprocating Saw

In article , wreck68
@bellsouth.net says...
I just bought a PC 9737P orbital action reciprocating saw. I can't
see much difference in the blade movement when I move the orbital knob
from one position to the other. Is this something that's very subtle
or am I doing soemthing wrong?

Yeah, I don't *see* much difference either, but there is a definite
difference in the cut. Maybe the orbital effect doesn't start until
there is pressure on the blade?

Jerry July 30th 03 10:31 PM

PC Reciprocating Saw

I looked at an identical PC saw at Home Depot yesterday and couldn't
see any discernible orbiting of the blade in that one either. Unless
both of them are defective, the motion is apparently not someting that
is easily noticed. Thanks to all for the replies on your personal
experience.