DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toolcase prototype finished (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/188365-toolcase-prototype-finished.html)

RayV January 7th 07 08:26 AM

Toolcase prototype finished

A while back I had posted about and idea I was trying to come up with
for a portable toolcase. Well I finished the prototype a few weeks ago
and finally got around to posting the pictures he

http://home.comcast.net/~nunyabiznas/Index.html

I'd like to hear your comments good, bad or ugly about this project.

Eddie January 7th 07 10:55 AM

Toolcase prototype finished

I like it, I wouldn't mind one of those for my workshop! I think I would put
lockable wheels/casters on it as it looks as if it would be pretty heavy
when full of tools.
greetings from Holland,
Eddie...
oups.com...

Leuf January 7th 07 06:42 PM

On 7 Jan 2007 00:26:17 -0800, "RayV" wrote:

A while back I had posted about and idea I was trying to come up with
for a portable toolcase. Well I finished the prototype a few weeks ago
and finally got around to posting the pictures he

http://home.comcast.net/~nunyabiznas/Index.html

I'd like to hear your comments good, bad or ugly about this project.

I like the idea of making it so you can stand on it. If you use
poplar for the drawers that will bring the weight down. I would be
inclined to use metal full extension slides for something like this,
but that'll bring the weight right back up.

-Leuf

J T January 8th 07 07:21 PM

Toolcase prototype finished

Sun, Jan 7, 2007, 12:26am (EST-3) (RayV) doth
posteth:
A while back I had posted about and idea I was trying to come up with
for a portable toolcase. Well I finished the prototype a few weeks ago
and finally got around to posting the pictures he
http://home.comcast.net/~nunyabiznas/Index.html
I'd like to hear your comments good, bad or ugly about this project.

Portable? I guess that would depend on your definition of
portable. Once it's loaded with tools, I'd say, for realistic
portability you'd beasically have to have two people to move it, mount
it on a coaster wagon, or use a dolly. Minor considerations.

Comments? Ya done good.

JOAT
To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears
also.
- Igor Stravinsky