DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stanley #8 joiner plane blade (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/188228-stanley-8-joiner-plane-blade.html)

salmobytes January 5th 07 10:32 PM

Stanley #8 joiner plane blade

Anybody know where to get a 3-5/8" wide blade
for and old Stanely #8 joiner plane?

Google doesn't find one for me, not yet anyway.

George January 5th 07 10:43 PM

Stanley #8 joiner plane blade

ps.com...

Hock says they'll do custom. http://www.hocktools.com/

Scott Lurndal January 5th 07 10:52 PM

"salmobytes" writes:
Anybody know where to get a 3-5/8" wide blade
for and old Stanely #8 joiner plane?

Google doesn't find one for me, not yet anyway.

http://www.hocktools.com/products.htm

scott

Patriarch January 5th 07 11:58 PM

Stanley #8 joiner plane blade

"salmobytes" wrote in
ps.com:

Anybody know where to get a 3-5/8" wide blade
for and old Stanely #8 joiner plane?

Google doesn't find one for me, not yet anyway.

That's a lot wider than MY Stanley #8, IIRC. Hock does sell these,
standard sized ones, at least. They're on the shelf at my local purveyors
of woodworking tools.

Patriarch

alexy January 6th 07 12:22 AM

Stanley #8 joiner plane blade

Patriarch wrote:

"salmobytes" wrote in
ups.com:

Anybody know where to get a 3-5/8" wide blade
for and old Stanely #8 joiner plane?

Google doesn't find one for me, not yet anyway.

That's a lot wider than MY Stanley #8, IIRC. Hock does sell these,
standard sized ones, at least. They're on the shelf at my local purveyors
of woodworking tools.

An inch wider than mine as well. Maybe that the #8W g.