Steve Knight

Default Jet canister dust collection

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:24:12 GMT, "Ken Johnsen" wrote:

It's my first DC so I have nothing to compare with, but it pulls the dust
from ny contractors saw, jointer and planer through 10' of 4: flex hose with
no problem. The plastic bag is easy to dump with no mess and the filter is
easy to clean.

but mine does it with over 40 feet of pipe and I just take the barrel out from
under the cycle dump it and put it back. even easier (G).

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Bob Gramza

"Charlie" wrote in message
om...
: I'm going to get a dust collector for my shop. The onieda system is a
: little expensive for me, but I'm interested in the Jet cannister
: collector. Specs look good. Does anyone have one of these unit?
: Feedback appreciated. TIA.

I picked up the 1.5 horse canister Charlie. Probably the same one you are looking at. Going to hook
it up this weekend.

Steve Knight

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:52:10 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

If you didnt build it - where did you get it if I may ask??

bill the author of that page made it for me. he was worried about my health (G)

(Just curious - b/c I have no probs buying it - just dont want to fork out
the $$$ for an oneida)

oneida is spendy. this system is pretty cheep to setup. the fitters cost about
162.00 and the blower well that depends on if you get a 2hp 12" fan or the 14"
but I have no dust exiting my system now and I don't need a air cleaner along
with the dc.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:03:06 -0500, Lawrence A. Ramsey
wrote:

Steve, somehow I managed to buy a Baldor motor with a 4" intake and
exit. It is exactlky like the ones used on top of a cyclone unit.
Problem is, all I have is the motor, impeller and bags. Where can I
get the rest? Like the stand, part that holds the bags, etc.?

first 4" inlet and outlet will be way too small. how big is the impeller? I have
a 9" inlet on the blower on my cyclone.
http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworki...clonePlan.html
for the actual cyclone. this page has lots of links to the parts needed.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/ you can see lots of pics of my
setup. or I can email them to you.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Charlie

I might give this a shot. I work in a fabrication shop so I can laser
cut and fab the unit pretty easily. I would need the impeller, motor,
etc, but it would be cheaper that the onieda (& maybe the Jet). Does
anyone else have experience building this unit or the WOOD cyclone?

Steve Knight wrote in message . ..
On 24 Jul 2003 17:00:35 -0700, (Charlie) wrote:

I'm going to get a dust collector for my shop. The onieda system is a
little expensive for me, but I'm interested in the Jet cannister
collector. Specs look good. Does anyone have one of these unit?
Feedback appreciated. TIA.

if your willing to do some work make the cyclone yourself. You will have a
better system and a better filter. it will move more air too. easier to dump the
can.
http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworki...c4dummies.html