DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aftermarket filter for Oneida cyclone? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18812-re-aftermarket-filter-oneida-cyclone.html)

Steve Knight July 25th 03 04:34 AM

Aftermarket filter for Oneida cyclone?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:12:08 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

Are there any sources, besides Oneida, for replacement internal filter
cartridges for the Oneida 1.5 HP cyclone dust collector?

I doubt it. the design was on the dumb side. way too much chance of plugging up
the filter fast. Plus a bigger filter will let more air pass through.I would see
if you can get the parts to make it into an external filter design.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
See

Doug Miller July 25th 03 01:00 PM

Aftermarket filter for Oneida cyclone?

In article , wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:12:08 GMT,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

Are there any sources, besides Oneida, for replacement internal filter
cartridges for the Oneida 1.5 HP cyclone dust collector?

I doubt it. the design was on the dumb side. way too much chance of plugging up
the filter fast. Plus a bigger filter will let more air pass through.I would
see
if you can get the parts to make it into an external filter design.

According to Oneida, the lifetime of the external filter is about two to three
times that of the internal filter -- but it costs twice as much, too, and I'd
have to buy some sheet-metal adapters before I could use it. So I doubt that
I'd be saving much money, if any, over the long run, which of course is my
primary objective in looking for alternate sources for the internal filter.

--
Regards,