BUB 209

Default Don't worry, it'll never happen to you

I was doing a small repair job on some steps leading up to a screened- in porch
and had to remove part of the outside joist, which was also the top riser for
the steps.
I pulled out the rotted joist, leaving a section of the porch
floor with nothing under it. Then I discovered that the flooring was rotted
away under-
neath the aluminum threshold, so I cut a section out of that. While pulling a
few
rusty fasteners out of the flooring, the vice grips fell into the dirt crawl
under the porch, so I dived in after them. I streched down as far as possible
with my abs squeezed down against the top step, when the screen door, which
was badly out of plumb, closed and latched over the small of my back. It took
a few seconds to realize I was trapped! Furthermore, the people who lived
there had gone to a wedding, so it was just me and the two parrots in a cage
on the porch. I tried yelling for help as there was a fairly busy street just
few yards away, but all I got was a squawking reply from the parrots. Finally
someone approached and I heard a woman's voice say, "Hello, are you allright?"
At that moment , every story I'd ever heard about tradesmen's cracks being
exposed while stooping over, flashed before my eyes, but after 20 minutes
of agony, I was free.

Leon

Maybe it was the "crack" that caused her to come over and investigate.. ;~)