DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Product Support (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18790-product-support.html)

Thomas Mitchell July 24th 03 06:14 PM

Product Support

One thing that I have been doing lately is trying to review the manual
of tools online before I purchase the tool. Gives me a chance to read
the manual and see how good the manual is before spending the money. One
manufacturer that I can't find product manuals for online is DeWalt.
Surprises me since DeWalt has a nice website. Maybe I just can't find
them on the website, but I enter a model number and look for docs and
wiring diagrams come up, so I'd think that the manual would be there as
well. Anyone know where I can find DeWalt manuals online?

Casey Stamper July 24th 03 06:59 PM

Product Support

Thomas Mitchell wrote in
:

One thing that I have been doing lately is trying to review the manual
of tools online before I purchase the tool. Gives me a chance to read
the manual and see how good the manual is before spending the money. One
manufacturer that I can't find product manuals for online is DeWalt.
Surprises me since DeWalt has a nice website. Maybe I just can't find
them on the website, but I enter a model number and look for docs and
wiring diagrams come up, so I'd think that the manual would be there as
well. Anyone know where I can find DeWalt manuals online?

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/ServiceNet/logon.asp

You'll have to create an account but it's free. I got the manual for my ROS
there.

--
remove nospam to use email

Casey Stamper

"The dogs bark . . . but the caravan moves on"
old Arabic saying

Thomas Mitchell July 24th 03 07:59 PM

Product Support

I thought I did that and that's how I got the wiring diagrams. I could
be wrong. Like I said I might have missed it but I did a search by model
number and only found a parts list and a wiring diagram.

Casey Stamper wrote:
Thomas Mitchell wrote in
:

Igor July 24th 03 10:48 PM

Product Support

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:14:11 -0400, Thomas Mitchell
wrote:

One thing that I have been doing lately is trying to review the manual
of tools online before I purchase the tool. Gives me a chance to read
the manual and see how good the manual is before spending the money. One
manufacturer that I can't find product manuals for online is DeWalt.
Surprises me since DeWalt has a nice website. Maybe I just can't find
them on the website, but I enter a model number and look for docs and
wiring diagrams come up, so I'd think that the manual would be there as
well. Anyone know where I can find DeWalt manuals online?

FWIW, while the DeWalt site has lots of stuff and bright graphics, I think
it is very badly organized and confusing. It is helpful that at the link
for their 746 TS they have a reprint of an article ratings TS's, that's it.

Nova July 26th 03 04:24 AM

Product Support

tnfkajs wrote:

Went looking for manual to DeWalt's Buscuit Joiner, got as far as he

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/ServiceNet/logon.asp

...and went no further.

I've gotten a log-in ID for the site. The amount of spam I receive hasn't
increased since signing up.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA