DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mourning the loss of Rockler in Greensboro NC (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/187100-mourning-loss-rockler-greensboro-nc.html)

greywood December 27th 06 02:35 AM

Mourning the loss of Rockler in Greensboro NC

'Read an email from the local Rockler- said that they'll be closeing
their doors mid Jan- We do have Woodcroft but I'm a firm believer in
competion- so it goes...

Stoutman December 27th 06 03:25 AM

Mourning the loss of Rockler in Greensboro NC

"greywood" wrote in message
ups.com...
'Read an email from the local Rockler- said that they'll be closeing
their doors mid Jan- We do have Woodcroft but I'm a firm believer in
competion- so it goes...

I just saw the fliers today. 20% off until the Jan 15th. They said they
were doing well, but Rockler was still pulling the plug. I always thought
the guys at Rockler were more knowledgeable than the Woodcraft people.

They will be sorely missed :(

Now I need to drive further to Woodcraft.

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Patriarch December 27th 06 05:31 AM

Mourning the loss of Rockler in Greensboro NC

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in :

"greywood" wrote in message
ups.com...
'Read an email from the local Rockler- said that they'll be closeing
their doors mid Jan- We do have Woodcroft but I'm a firm believer in
competion- so it goes...

I just saw the fliers today. 20% off until the Jan 15th. They said
they were doing well, but Rockler was still pulling the plug. I
always thought the guys at Rockler were more knowledgeable than the
Woodcraft people.

They will be sorely missed :(

Now I need to drive further to Woodcraft.

Two summers ago, they had hired a new VP Marketing, and were going to open
a bunch more stores. Something's changed, or the VP Marketing maybe wasn't
as smart as someone thought.

Or us woodworkers aren't an endless market after all. I haven't spent $200
at Rocklers in the last 18 months. Or Woodcraft, either.

Patriarch