DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how to make an adjustable sofa (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18549-how-make-adjustable-sofa.html)

takashi July 19th 03 11:26 PM

how to make an adjustable sofa

Hi, I want to make a futon type adjustable sofa. Basically, I want to
make it so that I can adjust the angle of the back, just like car seats.
Could anybody give me how to make something like that?
Thank you very much in advance.

Mark July 19th 03 11:37 PM

how to make an adjustable sofa

In article ,
says...
Hi, I want to make a futon type adjustable sofa. Basically, I want to
make it so that I can adjust the angle of the back, just like car seats.
Could anybody give me how to make something like that?
Thank you very much in advance.

Basic deck chair design would be the easiest method. If you
truly want the mechanism hidden, you'll need to resort to
some fairly accurate metal work.
--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.
Your perception may be different.

Larry Jaques July 20th 03 06:03 AM

how to make an adjustable sofa

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:26:52 GMT, takashi
pixelated:

Hi, I want to make a futon type adjustable sofa. Basically, I want to
make it so that I can adjust the angle of the back, just like car seats.
Could anybody give me how to make something like that?

Drop by your local auto junk yard and request the seat
adjusters from a pair of ruined seats. They should be
fairly cheap and renewable. The yard will probably make
you take the whole seats. ;)

"i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications