DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   VERY Old Delta Jointer (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/185305-very-old-delta-jointer.html)

Bentley Bob December 9th 06 05:28 PM

VERY Old Delta Jointer

I have an old Delta jointer with no apparent model number (parts are
numbered NJ255, NJ227=fence, NJ203=table). Any clue as to source of
replacement belt? I presume there is some modern substitute.

Thanks.

[email protected] December 9th 06 05:57 PM

VERY Old Delta Jointer

On 9 Dec 2006 09:28:53 -0800, "Bentley Bob"
wrote:

I have an old Delta jointer with no apparent model number (parts are
numbered NJ255, NJ227=fence, NJ203=table). Any clue as to source of
replacement belt? I presume there is some modern substitute.

Thanks.

Locate a graingers in your area. Take a string and wrap it around the
two pulleys and tie it off. Take the tied string to a graingers and
they can measure it for a new belt.

-Lee

Nova December 9th 06 06:01 PM

VERY Old Delta Jointer

Bentley Bob wrote:
I have an old Delta jointer with no apparent model number (parts are
numbered NJ255, NJ227=fence, NJ203=table). Any clue as to source of
replacement belt? I presume there is some modern substitute.

Thanks.

Try an auto parts store.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Jody December 9th 06 07:22 PM

VERY Old Delta Jointer

Bentley Bob wrote:
I have an old Delta jointer with no apparent model number (parts are
numbered NJ255, NJ227=fence, NJ203=table). Any clue as to source of
replacement belt? I presume there is some modern substitute.

Thanks.

I looked the part numbers up and found they cross to the
delta/Rockwell(Beaver) line. They include the 654, 37-307 37-220 6"
jointers. The 37-220 shows a 55 3/8" v-belt. You can check the parts
list to see if that is your jointer.
37-220
http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/Jointers/J2B.htm
or 654